Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Brother Ben

Ben (6 yrs old now) had been praying just about every day for 2 babies and a dog for about two years!!!! He would even correct me if I just prayed for one.  :-)  This was a good lesson for him to learn about praying without ceasing.  We were thrilled to be able to tell him that he was going to be a big brother!  We gave him this shirt as our way of telling him the news and he wore it proudly.  We were actually considering getting him a puppy for Christmas....until we found out there were THREE!  We told him he was getting an extra baby instead of a dog.  God gave us even more than we asked for!

Ben has been a real trooper during this long stretch of bed rest.
We play lots of games together, and he even made up a couple of games to play where I don't have to get up off of the couch.  In this picture is his new game called "Dinosaur Race".  He drew the game board and everything.  You just roll the dice and move the dinosaurs accordingly...very cute!  His other game is called "Who's Missing".  It's a simple version of Hide and Seek where I don't have to get up.  I just call out and ask him if he's in certain places.  He doesn't answer until I guess correctly.  I think I like it better than the real version. :-)                               

No comments:

Post a Comment