Sunday, April 3, 2011

When are the babies coming?

Everybody wants to know when the babies are coming.  So do we!  Here is what we do know.  The babies should be born sometime in April.  A normal pregnancy is about 40 weeks but the average for triplets is 31 weeks.  The doctors had said that they would be happy if I made it to 31 weeks and thrilled if I made it to 35 weeks.  Right now I am at 33 1/2 weeks- above average!  Until 34 weeks they would attempt to stop the contractions like they did a couple weeks ago.  After 34 weeks, if contractions started they would deliver the babies.  The plan is for the babies to be delivered by C-section.  They will not set a date at this point, but it sounds as though they will not let me go longer than 37 weeks.

I go to the doctor in Keene every Tuesday and Dartmouth every Thursday.  They monitor me and the babies closely.  If they noticed any negative changes in myself or the babies they would deliver them at this point as well.  The plan is for the babies to be delivered in Dartmouth, but if I am having contractions I will go to Keene first and they will take me to Dartmouth by ambulance.  At 37 weeks we could possibly deliver in Keene.

Stay tuned and we will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment